Thursday, July 29, 2010

On the Road Again, Part I


Tonight I'm flying up to Wisconsin, land of delicious cheese (and ice cream, and brats, and beer, and fudge, and steak, and...well, you get the picture). I have two 3.5-mile runs left to complete, as well as another cross-training day.

Unlike Florida, where I lived out of my own house, this will be my first trip since I began training that doesn't provide me all the comforts of home. I have to stay at two separate hotels, there isn't a nice familiar neighborhood in which I can run, and there aren't going to be any kitchens with all my own foods. This will be a challenge. I don't want to gain back the same 5 lb I gained while in Orlando (I would LOVE to stop gaining and losing the same 5 lb!). And I don't want to miss a run.

But I don't want to obsess about this the entire time I'm trying to enjoy my getaway.


Like I said previously (and what I truly believe), life and fitness should coexist peacefully. One shouldn't trump the other to gain our attention. I shouldn't have to sacrifice life to be fit. And I certainly shouldn't sacrifice fitness while navigating through the complexities of life.

Truly, I should do what I want, which is to run, eat normally, and come home with wonderful new memories and experiences. 
Up next: a recap and some pics!

Deedah

2 comments:

Cole Walter Mellon on July 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM said...

As someone who just returned from a trip, I've just got one thing to say to you: you're screwed!

Anonymous said...

Do your hotels have an exercise room? I know it's not the same as running outside, but if you could hit the treadmill or elliptical for half an hour it might make you feel a bit better? Good luck and most of all..ENJOY!

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice