Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Is It A Rest Day Yet??


This morning as I set out for my scheduled 3-mile run, I DID NOT WANT TO GO. My back was sore and I was so tired from going to bed late and getting up at 7 am everyday on my vacation (I want to beat the heat!). But I went anyway and ran a very slow 3 miles and walked another mile to gradually lower my heart rate. And I was so glad I did!

I started later (8 am), so the sun was already a fireball in the sky. By 1 mile in, I was bathed in sweat, with sunscreen dripping onto my eyes. But it felt good. It felt good to know that I'm making this sacrifice for myself and no one else. It felt good to know that I'm building my strength and my stamina using my own body, pushing it to see just how much it can do. My heart was beating and I felt alive!

That's the thing about exercise with me. Somedays I don't want to do it. Most days, however, I do it anyway and I never regret it. I just have to keep reminding myself of that!

I didn't eat anything interesting today, just the same breakfast. We did go to the Chinese buffet where I ate my favorite sauteed bok choy and green beens and some steamed tilapia and salmon. For dessert, I had some sweet, juicy watermelon (and a crab rangoon!). I was still full come dinnertime, so I ate some ripe, sweet mango and called it a day. My camera battery is charging for some pics tomorrow!

Goodnight!
Deedah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice