Saturday, July 24, 2010

3 Weeks Down!


They say it takes 3 weeks to develop or break a habit. I can proudly say that I've completed 3 weeks of my half-marathon training! I'm quite proud of myself. I haven't missed a single day and during travel, too! I hope this marks the beginning of one of the best habits I've ever had.

The first 3 weeks, to be honest, weren't that challenging as far as distance was concerned because I've run all those distances before (up to 5 miles). But running so often in a week based on a schedule was definitely a challenge. I'm not going to lie. There were days when I didn't want to run. I wanted to go back to my usual routine of going to an exercise class and only running on the weekends. My knees and lower back feel fatigued, and I'm afraid I haven't done as much strength and toning as I usually do (which used to be everyday) because running and toning take too much time, and it's hard when you have a long list of other daily chores to complete.

I may stay at this week or the next week for a few weeks for a couple of reasons. 1) I have a lot of time until the race, and the program in fact suggests stretching the weeks out. 2) I'm traveling pretty heavily the rest of the summer through Labor Day weekend. Next weekend is Wisconsin Dells. Then, a few days after I get back, I leave for California for 12 (!) days. Then, I have a couple of weeks before I go to Milwaukee for Labor Day weekend. I'm not exactly sure where/if I can get in up to 8 miles at any of these destinations. I will keep up with the schedule though, so at least I'll be able to maintain the level of running frequency I've already achieved.

Tomorrow I have a busy day, so I won't have time to go to the gym to run, but it's not really a running day anyway. If it's not too hot in the morning, I will squeeze in a mile around my neighborhood and do some weights inside. I'm scheduled for 30 minutes of cross training.

After my run this morning, I hung out with these two guys all day:

Deedah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice