Sunday, July 11, 2010

This Blog So Far


It's been 11 days since I started blogging here at Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness, and I'm sure no one is reading but Brian. Hi, Gagoo! But that's OK because I really find that blogging has been so helpful in bringing my goals to fruition. If I see it written, if I know someone is reading, I'm less likely to become discouraged and give up. I'm less likely to eat that extra piece of candy, and I'm less likely to make excuses not to go to the gym at 5:45 am, which is sometimes the only time of day I can get a workout in.

Do you know how much of a hassle it is to take out your camera every time you eat something?! I do now, and it really makes me think about what I'm eating and if it's worth it. Today, for lunch we went to Golden Corral, which a huge steak and salad bar buffet. I ran 4 miles this morning and burned 660 calories (my scheduled long run), and I was starving (although I look anything but starving! LOL). All I had for breakfast was a bowl of cereal and sliced banana.

I wanted to use the run as an excuse to indulge in baby back ribs, steak, sides, and desserts at the buffet and go back for plates and plates of food, but I didn't because 1) I didn't want to keep breaking out my camera every time I got something new, and 2) I didn't want to post a huge pig out, especially after my fried chicken fiasco of the last day or two!

So, I had this times two, except I didn't eat the sweet potato because it wasn't very tasty:

This is a pile of mixed greens and steamed spinach seasoned with red wine vinegar (not vinaigrette!), a little cottage cheese, and tomato salsa along with a dinner roll.

I did have dessert, I'm not going to lie. I didn't take a picture because, honestly, I didn't want any readers to think I was stuffing my face with desserts at every opportunity. I tried to hide the fact that I had half a slice of carrot cake and a little scoop of chocolate volcano. Well, that backfired because I felt so guilty for this intended deception that I'm telling you anyway!

For dinner, I had a peach, some rainier cherries, a 4-inch-long piece of french bread with a teaspoon of peanut butter, and a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich.

My mantra for this vacation is I AM NOT GOING TO GAIN WEIGHT! I WILL KEEP MY RUNNING SCHEDULE! The running part is easy. I love to run. The eating part is something I need to really keep in check.

I vow a weigh in the morning after I get home to Virginia. Gain or loss (hopefully loss!), I'll post it here. So there's another goal: survive my first out-of-town trip since starting this blog without a gain!

We didn't go to karaoke last night because the place was packed! So we're going tonight!

Deedah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice