Saturday, August 14, 2010

Things To Do When I Finally Get Home


I didn't run today because I had to get downtown by 8:30 am. There was a cold mist in the air under cloudy skies this morning anyway; it was the kind of weather that makes you want to get back in bed and bunch up the covers to you face.

As much as I like spending time with my family and not having to be in the office for the past week, I do miss the comforts of home, like my own bed, and not to mention the summer! It's nice during the day here, but once the sun starts to set it gets downright cold (and breezy).

There are also a million different things I need to attend to once I get back:

1. I have to start eating well again. I haven't eaten like I'm trying to lose weight all week! I'm not pigging out, but I'm basically eating what I want. All the running is what's keeping the fallout to a minimum.

2. I have to finish some work for my new freelance gig. It pays squat compared with the freelance job I just lost, but I need it for now. It's daily work for about a third of the pay. I don't want to do this AT ALL, but I have no choice.

3. Begin the process of streamlining. I'm going to the jewelry exchanges I contacted last week regarding them buying my Baume & Mercier diamond watch. I'll sell it to the highest offer. It's a beautiful watch, but I hate wearing it. It's heavy, too flashy, and doesn't go with anything I have really. I've worn it a handful of times, and for what it cost me, it's wasteful to keep it. It's not an investment piece like Rolex, so I might as well unload it now for the right price and use the money to pay off a credit card. I'm also going to sort my things and try and see what I can sell/donate/rediscover/revamp.

4. Knit a shrug for a dress I want to continue to wear into the fall season. In fact, I want to use all the yarn I have stored up (i.e., bought and never used)  to make some new fall accessories, scarves, and sweaters instead of buying them.

5. Develop a concept I have for another blog about dining out on a budget.

6. Pray that everything works out for the best and that I am able to take each obstacle and challenge as an opportunity.

7. Keep RUNNING! I'm so close to getting to my distance goal!

Wish me luck! And if you're the praying type, send out a little prayer for me. I know that I'm still so blessed, but sometimes my head doesn't follow what my heart knows to be the truth. Thanks in advance!

It's the last day of the conference tomorrow. I'm going to try and get in a short run in the morning beforehand.

Deedah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice