Saturday, August 7, 2010

10 MILES!


Today I woke up slightly jet lagged (although I'm feeling it more now that it's night time) and it was cold outside. I would have loved to stay in, eat a bagel, and use the chilly air as an excuse to back out of my plan to run out to Downtown Disney.

But I didn't.

Instead, I ran my long run to Downtown Disney.....AND BACK!

That's 10 miles in 1 hour and 50 minutes, no walking. Not too shabby!

The original plan was to run to Downtown Disney and then some until I reached my 6-mile long run distance. Then, my parents and brother were going to pick me up and we would go to breakfast. But I felt almost no fatigue from the 6 miles so I decided to keep going a little more. Still not tired. So I kept going, and soon I was within a mile from my brother's place. I decided to GO ALL THE WAY!

It was so exhilarating to run a distance I had never run before. Now I am confident that I can do the half-marathon because the only reason I really stopped this morning was because of a stupid blister on the side of my foot. Otherwise, I'm confident that I would have run the full 13 miles or at least very close to it.

I don't know what came over me. I just felt no fatigue. Maybe jet lag and the cold actually work in my favor.

Whatever it was, I was thrilled! I'm still so excited that I did this!

F.U. elementary school bullies!!

Deedah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Double digits is quite the accomplishment! I am glad I read this now - I'm heading out for 9 miles this morning!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! That's an awesome accomplishment!!

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice