Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yeah, Seriously


To the Anonymous Commenter:

First, I don't know where you got all of that, but obviously you've come to some very unsupported conclusions. Let me break it down for you. First, the post "Muddling Through," in fact, reiterates that fact that yes, sometimes life is frustrating for any number of reasons. Introduce me to someone who has NEVER felt frustration! It’s part of the human experience. But we can submerge ourselves in self-doubt and fear and gloom OR, as the post says, we can look at what we DO HAVE, as stated in the sentence "I'm a lucky person. If a little chub is my biggest problem right now, I should be tarred and feathered for complaining about it!" It seems like the semantics of this entire paragraph has been lost on you if you think I was just moaning and groaning about all manner of "whoa is me." Please ask a friend to explain it to you if you need to.

Second, where in ANY of my previous posts (if you've even read them) do I say anything about breaking up with my boyfriend. We are in a long-distance relationship right now. And yes, many people don't believe that can work. But you know what? It does work for us. I’m not going into detail about my relationship on this blog. But we still love each other and are happy with each other (and yes, I can speak for the both of us) even though it's hard to be apart from the one you love. And yes, I complain about it sometimes. Again, loneliness = human experience. Ask any wife or husband or significant other of any military or anyone who has to live apart from the ones they love. Should they break up too because they get lonely sometimes or because they complain about missing their loved ones? Do you really thing that it’s not worth it to love someone just because you can’t see them everyday? If it's inconceivable for you to understand that love can withstand distance, then I'm sorry that you've never experienced that kind enduring love. I’m sorry that love isn’t worth that kind of effort for you. But no, there is no break-up in the works. Sorry, you won’t get that kind of drama here.

Third, I do focus on my life, hence the blog ABOUT ME and my efforts at fitness. I just trained for and RAN a half-marathon. It takes a lot of focus and commitment to train and prepare for something like that, especially for a novice. In addition, I’ve written entire posts about MY GOALS, which have nothing to do with anyone other than myself.



So, seriously?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love an anonymous commenter? Very cowardly.
This blog is for you, for your thoughts and you don't have to defend it to anyone.
Hang in there.

Deedah on March 22, 2011 at 9:49 AM said...

Thanks lilylosesit! That's true. But I don't mind people who comment with constructive criticism at all. In fact I welcome it! I want to know if there's a better way of doing something,etc. out there. And if I'm doing something wrong, I want to know about it so I can change for the better. But someone who doesn't even get what I'm saying isn't really helping. You know?

hamburke on March 23, 2011 at 6:20 AM said...

I totally need to go scan the comments... love ya knitting buddy!

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice