Saturday, March 12, 2011

On My Way Back


I've been working on getting back to using weights and resistance and boy was I sore this week!

But I feel good knowing that the pain means I'm getting back into shape, hopefully in time for the warm weather. I can't wait to shop for cute summer clothes!

My ultimate goal is to do three cardioresistance workouts a week and one running day and just do some random things in the days in between, like walking outside and enjoying the spring. I want to keep up my running because I've signed up to do the Susan G. Koman Race for the Cure 5K in June. I did it last year and it was really fun and for a really great cause that I believe in wholeheartedly. And I really want to do the Disney Wine and Dine Half-Marathon in October. Disney races are a blast! In my opinion, they are the perfect mix of athleticism and fun. No one's really hardcore serious, but everyone still gives it their all, so it's not as intimidating as other races. I like that. I'm not hardcore. The more fun the better! And I love seeing all the characters along the way!

Today I did cardioresistance class. I admit, I have a long way to go to get back the strength I lost. But I can feel it coming back!

As for eating, I haven't got much of an appetite. The past few days, I've had sort of an aversion to food. Do you ever feel like that? I do sometimes. Sometimes I can't stomach anything and everything seems so gross, even the things I usually enjoy. I would go for days not wanting to eat anything solid and only wanting easily digestible things, like mashed potatoes or soups. So I'm just going with it. I'm eating what I can for sustenance when/if I feel hungry. The Medifast foods are helping because they are small portions go down easily :) I haven't weighed myself yet because first I was waiting (and waiting) for Aunt Flo. I believe her flight was delayed because of all the long-distance running the last couple of weeks, LOL. Then she arrived finally, making me all bloated. But I do feel like I've lost a couple of pounds. I'm going to weigh myself after she leaves in a few days.



Deedah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice