Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Now Eat This!


I LOVE the new recipe book I got! It's called Now Eat This, by Rocco Dispirito.
Aside from him being easy on the eyes (more pics inside!), the recipes are great. So far, I've tried the Red Apple Coleslaw and it was really awesome. The best part is that it's only 78 calories and 2.5 grams of fat vs. the typical stats for full-fat coleslaw, which are 260 calories and 23 grams of fat. The serving size is about half a cup. I want to try every single recipe, especially the Shrimp Po' Boy w/ Spicy Mayo. That would actually go really well with the coleslaw.

They've got recipes for chocolate chip cookies made using white kidney beans and brownies made using black beans. Now, I've heard of this type of exchange (beans instead of butter, etc.) before and I've always wanted to try it and see if it really is any good. Well I am now! Tonight, I'm going to try making the Triple Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies. I've got my cannellini beans soaking at home as we speak! This recipe makes 20 cookies. The stats are 45 calories and 1.4 grams of fat per cookie (I do wonder how big these are, we'll see) vs. the usual full-fat CC cookie stats of ~200 calories and 10 grams of fat per cookie.

Hopefully the cookies don't require a side of Gas-X! (because of all the beans, haha!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice