Saturday, September 11, 2010

Two Towns in an Hour (and some change)


To break myself out of my rut, I decided to take the advice of two of my commenters from my last post. Not Just Celery suggested that I add more cross-training and strength to avoid injury and burnout. That's a great idea and I'm thinking that I'll cut my running down to three times a week and add some strength and cross-training. Mark from Fatophobia suggested some new tunes. Well, I downloaded a bunch of new songs last night and planned out my run for this morning. I wanted to run from my condo to my parents' house the next town over.

It was a nice run. The weather was perfect for running this morning; it was cool and clear. I set out and ended up running 7 miles. I have to admit that I can especially feel my knees tonight. I haven't felt sore in a while, but I definitely feel it now. I think it's because it's so hilly around here that I ran downhill half the time, which is killer on my knees. So it's good that I'm going to lay off the running for the next couple of days.

I haven't gotten my next batch of freelancing, so I'm going to pretty much veg out on my bed watching TV. I'm sort of glad, but part of me knows that getting the articles during the weekend would've given me a head start on them, and I'd have less work during the week. Oh well. Why not relax as long as I don't have a choice, right!

Now, back to King of Queens! Oddly, I think Kevin James is kinda cute :-)

Deedah

2 comments:

Mark on September 12, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

I hope the new tunes kept yoou entertained. I've got a run tomorrow so I'm preparing a new mix to start the week.

By the way, I checked out Zombieland. It's a very cool movie. Thanks for the tip :)

hamburke on September 13, 2010 at 7:38 AM said...

veg w/ some yarn at my house!

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice