Thursday, September 2, 2010

8 Miles


Tonight I went to the gym and ran 8 miles! No blisters, no cramps, nothing to derail me!

I was actually going to skip running today because I had cramps that could take down an elephant, but I took some aspirin and felt better so I decided to go and run an easy 3 or 4 miles just to say I did. Well, my quick and easy run turned into 8 miles before I knew it! I stopped mostly because 1) it was getting late and 2) I was getting bored with my music. I tried this second-skin blister tape that I got from the running store and it worked great! It is expensive though, $7.50 for a pack of six.

Anyway, like I said, I ran too long tonight, so I've gotta get to work on the freelance so I can continue to pay my mortgage! :( Yuck. Sorry for the short post!

This weekend I'm heading to Wisconsin and I want to get a run in at the Dells because that's the one place of all the places I've been going lately that I haven't gone for a run.

Deedah

2 comments:

Mark on September 3, 2010 at 8:55 AM said...

Eight miles is awesome. It's even better that you didn't even realise how far you were running! Also, bananas are good for cramps because they are high in potassium.

What kind of freelance work are you doing at the moment? :)

Deedah on September 3, 2010 at 9:35 AM said...

Thanks for the tip about bananas!

I'm work full-time but I freelance writing and editing for science/medical journals. Boring! Haha

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice