Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My World As of July 3, 2013


This blog/personal journal started on July 1, 2010.

I didn't realize until today that it's the 3-year anniversary of Deedah's Cupcakes and Fitness. I was planning on looking back to a previous July entry to compare notes for this one, and saw that my Welcome post was posted on July 1st. This, for whatever reason, motivates me even more.

Well, it's been a crazy 3 years, and I can't say that I've been very successful in increasing my fitness, or even maintaining it. That's just me being honest. But although I might have failed in that regard, I have become stronger in heart and in mind. In 3 years I've strengthened my resolve to face the storms ahead, sometimes with nothing more than an inverted umbrella, a prayer, and a fortified heart.

When I started this blog, it was to document my training for the Disney Princess Half-Marathon (which I successfully completed). I took pictures of my food and logged my workouts. But I never really acquired a following, perhaps because I'm a midsized person working out and eating food, with no impressive amount of weight to lose, perhaps because I never stuck to a "real" diet and posted pictures of deep-fried chicken livers and cupcakes from time to time. So this blog has become somewhat of a personal diary documenting a mish mash of elements from my life, some mundane like eating gross egg white wraps and some worthy of a Lifetime movie adaptation. I went from being in a verbally and mentally abusive long-distance relationship (and YES you CAN be treated badly by someone from afar and that's a topic for another day when I'm feeling a little more emo) to finding the love of my life in a kind, gentle, fun, and generous man not 1 month after I got out of the farce of a relationship I was living with for 7 years.

The most important lesson I've learned since 2010 is that life is ever changing. Things can turn one way or another in a heartbeat like a tornado run amok, and there's no way to predict when or how or even if. As difficult as that is for most of us to deal with, the best way to survive is to surrender yourself to the current and let it sweep you along easily and calmly to wherever this river of life leads. You may go over the falls or you may find your way to a vast ocean of possibility and opportunity. Just enjoy the ride as best you can.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice