Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 3: Why Do Whole Wheat Wraps From Home NEVER Taste As Good?


I mean really? I bought a bag of 100 calorie whole wheat tortillas so I can make egg white wraps for breakfast, mimicing those I LOVE from Cosi and other such cafes. What I ate this morning was egg whites microwaved in my awesome office egg cooker thing wrapped in a thin sheet of cardboard.

I'm not a bad cook, in fact I know what I'm doing. But this vexes me to no end. I seasoned the egg whites and even sprinkled in some grated sharp chedder. But the wrap! That wrap was gag inducing!

So I had a pretty nasty breakfast. Oh well. The wraps are OK when you make nut butter and sugar-free jam wraps. That's what I had for a little snack last night after I took my stupid pill (to make sure I don't barf in my sleep). Those are great, especially with a little 1% milk. I think the filling flavors need to overcome the wrap flavor, which nut butter and jam does. But egg whites are so bland that it's just a terrible mix. Back to oatmeal tomorrow. There's a baked oatmeal recipe from Pinterest I've been dying to try.

This morning I also did Day 3 of my Ripped in 30. Let me tell you how great it is to workout everyday, even if it's just 20 minutes for now. I feel energy again. I feel like my blood isn't stagnating and stewing with chunks of fat. I was so freaking out of it for a year (and some months). But I really want to be back to my athletic self. I felt pride in that. It made me happy to be strong. I don't know if I'll ever run a race again (I would LOVE to) because of my knee, but I would love to be light enough to make it a possibility. The weight gain is what I believe contributes to my knee issue.

For lunch I know I'm craving Corner Bakery Chili, hold the bread. I LOVE me some Corner Bakery. It's the yummiest place on Earth. The chocolate muffins (I will have those every now and then) are probably the best things I've ever eaten.

I have the usual fruit and some protein, like cashew butter and nuts, for snacks. For dinner I usually stick to some kind of protein and a nonbread side like sweet potatoes or fruit.

Yeah, I know I'm lacking in the veggie department, but when I grocery shop this weekend for next weeks' food I will pick up some things to blend in the morning. And when it finally stops raining around here I will trek over to the Whole Foods salad bar.

What I'm hoping is that I can "stack" my 20-minute workouts by next week, body permitting. Meaning, since it's week 2 with an all-new routine, I would like to first do the week 1 workout followed by week 2 or vice versa. Then the following week I will do week 2 with week 3, and so on. That way I'm getting about 45 minutes a day, including warmups and stretching.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice