Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Day 2: Whoa I Made It to Day 2


I'm on a roll. A nice hearty whole wheat roll no bigger than my palm.

This morning I got up and did my Ripped in 30 and it felt really good. I recommend it. For some reason, I like it a lot better than the 30-Day Shred. Maybe it's the studio setting or the lighting. I don't know. But I really don't like the Shred. I do have her Shred It With Weights DVD too, as well as her kettle bell workout. But I actually want to complete this 4-week workout and see if I get any results out of it. I've never gone all the way through one of these so I kinda want to for laughs and giggles, especially since I started on the first of a month.
For breakfast I was feeling kinda hungry so I went to Cosi and got a spinach Florentine wrap with egg whites and no artichoke sauce on a whole wheat tortilla. Basically, it's egg whites, spinach, and a slice of Swiss cheese on an 8-inch tortilla. Not bad at all. Well, except for the cheese. But it was a single slice and I'm not going to freak out about a little flavor now and then. This is not an exercise is developing OCD with food. Since my boyfriend is a chef, it would dishonor him.



 For lunch I wasn't hungry, and I confess that I didn't eat my midmorning snack either. See, I started on Alyacen 1/35 (which is a generic of Ortho Novuum 1/35, which is a birth control pill) last month to help me with some symptoms of endometriosis and ovarian cysts and it's made my appetite a little wonky. I'd never taken BC pills before for fear of the side effects and now I know why I put it off for so long. Sometimes I just can't stomach the idea of eating ANYTHING. Some days are fine and some days I have this persistent low-grade queasiness. I hate it. I hate it that I have to take these and can't just be normal. But it is what it is.

Anyway, I did manage to shove some food down my throat in the form of strawberries, a small mango, and a hard-boiled egg. I was hungry, but I didn't want to eat anything because, well, I just didn't want to eat. It was one of those times when I wish I could just inject nutrients into myself so I could feel satisfied without the effort of tasting, chewing, and swallowing. But it was a good meal and included my carbs and protein.

I'm liking having my little workouts in the mornings. After work I don't have to worry about the gym or getting to the gym or the guilt of ultimately not going to the gym. I'm all done and I feel it in my gluts and delts!

You know what I do though to keep going? I visualize myself back in shape and with some new piece of clothing I would buy when I get back there. The worst thing about getting out of shape is not feeling happy to shop. I hate to buy clothes or go to the mall right now. And that's a bitch. I love fashion and I love the mall. But right now I feel like I don't deserve it. And that's the biggest bitch of all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice