Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Pain in the Glut!


I set out to run my own Disneyland 10-miler the other day when I was in Anaheim and I did lose some endurance, and I aggravated an injury too. Boo! I've had a pinched nerve in my right glut (harhar) for a while. I'm thinking it's a sciatic nerve issue. So far it's only hurt when I've been sitting for a long time, like at the office. It's a piercing pain that can only be alleviated by getting up and walking around.

Well, I didn't think my run would be hampered by it because, like I said, it only hurt after prolonged sitting. But after mile 3.5, I started feeling the pain. I walked a little at around mile 3.75 and just couldn't make it past mile 6. My legs were so fatigued and the pain in my glut was, by this time, excruciating! I didn't think I could walk the rest of the way back to the hotel it hurt so badly.

I was disappointed of course, but I did end up getting a good cardio workout and I burned more than 1,200 calories in just 2 hours. I'm OK with it. I wasn't racing anyone. I set out to exercise and I accomplished that.

I didn't workout today because my a** was still reeling from the run, so I just took it easy. Anyway, I headed out to San Diego today so it was a full day. Tomorrow, I've gotta work early so I can't workout then either. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a workout in on Thursday. We're expecting rain here, and if it rains I really don't want to go out and run. I don't have as much open space in my hotel room to workout either.

What can you do? That's why I really don't want to travel for work as much as I had in the past. I think a big part of why I gained weight (other than having no self-control) is because I traveled SO MUCH last year. I ate with complete abandon during my trips apparently and have the chubby tummy to show for it!

Anyway, I'm off to sleep because I have to get up so early! I hope it doesn't rain this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice