Thursday, October 21, 2010

Road Trip!


Today is my last day at work this week because Brian is flying down tomorrow for a long weekend. We're going up to Amish country to go on buggy rides, taste shoo fly pie, and whatever else comes along. It should be a nice fall weekend for going out to the country, so I'm looking forward to it!

Since my 10 miler, I've only run once. On Tuesday of this week, I ran the most agonizing 5 miles ever on the treadmill at the gym. There were a few reasons why this particular run sucked. 1) It was at the gym, on the treadmill. With daylight dwindling down everyday, I can't make it home in time to run a good run while it's still light out. I won't run at night outside for a lot of reasons. Period. 2) I was on a treadmill that seemed to be away from any sort of air conditioning so the air around me felt stagnant and warm. 3) I didn't realize that I might have a bit of a bug. I felt ok before my run, except for a little chest congestion and cough. Then when I started running, I just felt fatigued, nauseous, and zapped of energy. The following days I've felt a little sick to my stomach and I think it's because of some sinus issues giving me a touch of vertigo.

Anyway, I'm hoping to feel better enough to run at least a little tomorrow morning. If not, I'm not going to kill myself. I'd rather feel great for my trip (and for my runs) than exert too much energy running and make myself sick. I've proven to myself that little breaks (and I mean little as in a few days) from running and working out won't diminish my abilities or make me into a lazy slob. In fact, my next run after a break is always awesome.

I'll be back with pictures!

Deedah

1 comments:

Mark on October 21, 2010 at 6:02 PM said...

I hope you're well enough yo enjoy your trip and I'll look forward to some pics :)

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice