Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ghost of My Dearly Departed Gallbladder


Last night, I packed my gym bag with the plan to get to the 5:45 am cardio resistance class at my gym. I've really neglected weight training these past few months because I've been focusing on running, and believe me it shows :(

Anyway, my goals for the next month, until around December 1, is to concentrate on how I used to work out and remove my focus from running. I'm honestly burnt out from running. Don't get me wrong, I love those long runs outside, those couple of hours where I let my mind wander as I run. Love them! But the tedious gym treadmill sessions are becoming so dreaded that I need a break from them. I'll still run outside this month when I get the chance just to retain the ability, but I want to get back to things like cardioresistance, kickboxing, zumba, dance jam, and other fun-themed workouts. The race isn't until the very end of February, so can actually still complete a 12-week program, although I don't really think I have to start at the very beginning at this point.

Well, back to my intended cardio resistance session this morning. I was all set to go, and I was looking forward to it. But sometime in the middle of the night, I woke up with really bad nausea. I have no idea what brought it on. It was the kind of nausea that comes from you gut (as opposed to the sinus-induced vertigo-type nausea). It was really intense and then I just sort of fell back to sleep. But I'm still left with a lingering green-around-the-gills feeling this morning, so I scrapped the gym. Bummer.

I keep thinking about what I must have eaten that would make me so sick so suddenly. For dinner, I made some chicken noodle soup with leftover rotisserie chicken, 99% fat-free cream of chicken condensed soup, with corn and shiritaki noodles. It was so hearty and delicious! With it, I had some of my made-from-scratch light banana bread, which I make with egg beaters and butter substitute. It couldn't have been my dinner because the nausea came on hours into the night.

I'm thinking it's one of two things: 1) I drank some 1% milk before bed or 2) it was mental.

I have off-and-on lactose intolerance. Sometimes dairy is just fine and I can eat all the cheese and milk I want without a problem. But sometimes, dairy really makes me feel terrible. I get this stabbed-in-the-gut feeling then bloating and gas, diarrhea, etc, you name it (TMI). I know I can't eat butter burgers, frozen custard, and, to an extent, too many cheese curds. I discovered this the hard way. So the milk might have thwarted my workout!

But then, I'm thinking that I didn't really drink that much milk. I drank from a small carton, maybe 1/2 cup? And it was 1%. Watered-down dairy is my dairy of choice because, well, it's milder on my stomach. So maybe I was dreaming it? I've been having some strange sleeps as of late. I fall asleep just fine, but I've been waking up in the middle of the night. I've also had some vivid dreams. So maybe I was dreaming it? If that's the case, though, why do I feel stomach-achy this morning? I feel that hungry/sick feeling, where your stomach growls and you feel hungry, but you don't want to eat. Is it just me who gets this?

Maybe it's the ghost of my gallbladder coming back to haunt me, LOL. Thursday is the 1-year anniversary of her demise and removal!

I packed my gym clothes and hope I feel better by this afternoon so I can go.

Deedah

1 comments:

Mark on October 26, 2010 at 8:33 AM said...

Yeah sometimes I can wake up feeling really ill because I'm so hungry. But as soon as I eat, I'm fine.

Strange sleep patterns and vivid dreams can be the result of stress. Are you feeling the pressure lately what with your work etc?

If this is a gallbladder haunting, you need to call in the professionals :p

Hope you feel better :)

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice