Friday, November 19, 2010

One Trip to Go!


Well, it's been a hectic fall to say the least. I've been criss-crossing the country, getting settled into my new freelance routine, and still trying to get some training in. To top it all off, I quite possibly have ulcers. Great. Not surprising, but terrible timing.

Thursday a couple of weeks ago, I went to the gym, ran a few miles, and took a zumba class. I was all gung-ho about getting some variety in my workouts and getting back into some fun group classes. Well that was all dashed when I woke up later that night in excrutiating abdominal pain that progressively got worse throughout the day and weekend. I went to a gastroenterologist who gave me samples of Aciphex to get me through my long conference in San Diego and scheduled me for a endoscopy to confirm the ulcers for next week. Of course, this all happened on the eve of my trip.

If you've ever had ulcers, they can be quite painful and debilitating. You're basically fine until you eat, then all hell breaks loose in your gut until you're done digesting. Eating was impossible at first (until the Aciphex kicked in).

So, I haven't worked out since that Thursday. I'm feeling better these days and hope to get back to working out and training by next week or at least after I get that endoscopy over with.

I'm home for the next week, then it's off to my last conference of the season and some much-needed R&R. The conference happens to be in Boca Raton, FL. So I'm taking some extra days off after to go up to Orlando. I can't believe I haven't been back to Orlando since early July! I'm usually there every couple of months!

Deedah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice