Tuesday, November 30, 2010

3 Months and Counting


The Disney Princess Half-Marathon is in ~3 months! That means I've gotta get back on that training kick right now. I pretty much took the month of November off because I had so much traveling for work (not done yet!), and I still have one more trip (tomorrow) to Boca Raton for this year. I've also been diagnosed with an ulcer, which is thankfully not as painful as earlier this month. But I know that time for breaks is over!

I'm going to start my training from the beginning, do it right (nice and steady and not rushed), and finish that race at the end of February. Then, I was considering hanging up my running shoes for a while. I mean, I like running for fun. I like running in the warm summer mornings, 3 or 5 miles or so enjoying the scenery. But I don't like feeling pressured to run, running more than my body can handle, and feeling like it's consuming all my exercise time. I do want to get a Disney Coast to Coast medal, for which you need to run one half or full marathon in Florida and one in California within the year. But there's a lot of time between the Princess this February and the Disneyland Half in the fall of 2011, should I even decide to do it.

I know that my "diet" hasn't done much for me, considering I haven't lost and ounce and pretty much stayed the same since the beginning of this blog. I know I don't have a whole lot to lose and that this blog is pointless for a lot of you in dietblogland who do. So I don't really think I (or anyone) should consider this a diet blog any longer. I think that it's false advertising for those seeking advice and tips on how to lose weight. I've gone from 176 to 150 and have stayed about the same, give or take, for the past 4 years. I've maintained a really great level of fitness during this time as well. So if you want to read about someone who would like to lose 10 more pounds or someone who has maintained some modest weightloss for an extended period of time, then I'm your girl. But if you want me weighing myself daily or calorie counting then you probably won't get that here.

Would it be great to lose 10 pounds and get back into a size 6? Absolutely! Will I try? Sure! Will it ever happen? Possibly! Do 10 pounds really matter that much to obsess over? No.

From this point forward, this blog will be about the person I really am and the things I really do and all the cupcakes and fitness in between. Take from it what you will.

Deedah

3 comments:

Giulia Jones on November 30, 2010 at 1:04 PM said...

I just did a similar post the other day because I felt like I was failing my mission of my blog. Started running in January and now I'm weeks away from doing my first 10K which is exciting, but I think it's a good distance for now. Until I shed more weight where the running will become easier I think I am satisfied. I miss so many other forms of exercise---weight training, classes, pilates etc because I feel to exhausted after completing my training each week for running. We have the right to continue to blog and change our goals as they come...I see nothing wrong with that. I still want to do a half marathon one day, but I'm not pressuring myself to do it.

hamburke on December 19, 2010 at 7:28 PM said...

that means that I have to make some bows!!

hamburke on December 24, 2010 at 7:55 AM said...

tick-tock, where's the new post?

Post a Comment

 

Deedah's Cupcakes & Fitness 2.0! Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice